Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An all yarn purse




Here is my first attempt at a purse made completely of yarn. It needs a name. Maybe Twisty Clutch? Ideas? I was working on another bag I have in mind, but this time the yarn just didn't want to go there, so this is what I came up with instead. It's sort of a fabric made on the bias with inc on one end and dec on the other, giving you a parallelogram. Then I matched up the stitches and sewed the seam part way up on either side, leaving the center open. I think the twist in there helps keep the bag closed. The ends were gathered and sewn shut. I made the handles by chaining a length, then sc over the ch, and then sc over the handle again to add some bulk. I even made a little "bell clapper" button- Chained a few, then made a little ball at the end. If you've ever seen a crocheted bell, then you know what I'm talking about. The button can fit through some of the stitches to hold it closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the bag ... and yes I TAGGED you .. I'm evil like that!! Hope you bring the bag to Sat meet up! hugs