Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Timing

I should have looked at that Ravelry site earlier. I had noticed people mentioning it awhile ago, but I didn't take the time to check it out until this week. It seems like it will be really cool and neat to use. Of course, there is a huge waiting list, like 16000 people in front of me. But that's ok, I've waited for awhile, I suppose I can wait some more. It looks like it's an online version of what I've started in a bound journal at home.

Monday night after my post, I decided to do a few more rows on the filet crochet. Right after I say things are going well, I notice that my dimensions aren't coming out quite right. Although the pattern is square, the listed dimensions are 7" x 8". Mine is on track to being 5 x 7. I don't mind the size, I'm frustrated by the distorted proportions. The hearts do not look symmetrical at all. They look rather squashed. I'm going to stick with it, and hope that with enough blocking and stretching it will come out looking ok. If it doesn't, then I'll keep it and use it as a coaster here. Then I'll do it again with triple crochet instead of double crochet. I'm not so sure switching to a larger hook would solve my problem.

No comments: